Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Preparation Webinars
Safeguarding sensitive information continues to be the strategic direction of the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program given the increasingly frequent and complex cyberattacks targeting the Defense Industrial Base.
CONNSTEP is presenting a series of four separate webinars to prepare your business for Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) compliance.
Participants will learn about:
- the importance of understanding the compliance timeline
- protecting your business with security policy and procedures
- utilizing your IT MSP to achieve compliance
- critical steps for a successful CMMC audit
Any Connecticut manufacturer in the Defense Industrial Base or business interested in learning more about cybersecurity practices.
Webinar #1) Understanding CMMC Timeline & Steps to Compliance
CONNSTEP, the NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) center for Connecticut, will share with you what you need to know about the rollout of CMMC.
We’ll discuss why it is critical for industrial organizations to understand the compliance timeline and the steps to be taken in preparation.
You will receive guidance on:
- the CMMC 2.0 rollout timeline
- the DoD CMMC steps to becoming compliant with regulations and requirements
- why developing and implementing security policies and procedures will protect your business,
- how to handle a security incident as an organization and what to do to prepare
- what to expect as your organization prepares for CMMC compliance and the critical success factors
Webinar #2) How to Develop & Implement Effective CMMC Policies & Procedures
Developing and implementing security policies and procedures to protect your business is a critical step in your CMMC compliance journey.
CONNSTEP will provide guidance on:
- how to develop and adopt effective internal policies and procedures
- how to generate and collect the required documentation and evidence in preparation for the CMMC audit
- how to develop internal security incident handling capabilities
- the proven techniques to use for employee training
- applying best practices for policies and procedures implementation
- the critical success factors for adopting policies and procedures throughout your organization
Webinar #3) How to Leverage Your IT Managed Service Provider (MSP) to Achieve CMMC Compliance
Many small and medium-sized manufacturers (SMM) who want to achieve and sustain cybersecurity compliance, find it difficult due to not having adequate information technology (IT) resources on staff.
In this webinar, CONNSTEP will discuss how to utilize your IT MSP to propel your CMMC compliance efforts.
You will receive guidance on:
- how to confirm or select an IT/Cyber MSP – what to look for and ask
- how to manage IT responsibilities regarding CMMC compliance
- what information/reports IT MSP needs to provide
- how to develop coordinated procedures with your IT MSP
- the critical role your IT staff needs to play to support your compliance efforts
Webinar #4) Steps to Take in Preparation for a CMMC Audit
Solid preparation and effective implementation of policies and procedures are critical for a successful CMMC audit.
In this webinar, you will receive guidance on:
- the steps your organization should take toward CMMC audit preparation
- best practices for sustainment of your cybersecurity requirements
- the vital importance of maintaining your company’s policies and procedures
- what are the critical success factors to assist with your CMMC audit
Anna Mumford, Cybersecurity & Technology Solutions Consultant
Jeff Orszak, Director, Business Technology & Innovation
[Blog] CMMC 2.0 – Strategic Direction & Clarity of Program
The Department of Defense (DoD) introduced the enhanced Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) 2.0 program, marking the completion of an internal assessment of the program by senior DoD officials.
[PDF] Cybersecurity Compliance is Mandatory
Manufacturers doing business directly or indirectly for the DoD, GSA, and NASA must meet Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) minimum cybersecurity standards or risk losing contacts.
[White Paper] Choosing the Best IT Managed Service Provider for Your Business
This whitepaper guides you through the evaluation and selection process for choosing an MSP, outlining key criteria and the benefits of an MSP.