Become an Effective Trainer with TWI Job Instruction
08/24/2022 - 08/26/2022
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
August 24 | August 25 | August 26
August 24 & 25 sessions: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
August 26 session: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Training Within Industry-Job Instruction (TWI-JI) teaches essential job training skills for anyone who directs the work of others or manages their training, such as supervisors and team leaders. Its overarching purpose is to establish a single best way for doing a job and enable a trainer to transfer knowledge to a worker more quickly while also verifying comprehension. This “train-the-trainer” course uses standardized programs of Training Within Industry. Learn how to train employees quickly and effectively.
• Establish the most reliable procedures for each process of your production workflow
• Improve training capabilities that help facilitate greater speed to market
• Build existing employee skills and flexibility through cross-training
• Identify risks and mitigate exposure in areas that might be shut down if a key employee were unavailable
• Increase hiring pool with ability to train those without manufacturing experience
• Earn an official 10-hour TWI Trainer certificate
Individuals who are responsible for training others or managing training programs, and those with specific skill sets that must be multiplied through the rest of the workforce, such as workers nearing retirement.
We have taken numerous safety precautions to ensure the safety of all speakers and participants, including:
• Hand sanitizer stations
• Table layout to ensure social distancing
• Surfaces and high touch points disinfected
• Easy to follow directional signage
• Limited seating
Regular registration fee: $1,300 for single registration. 50% funding through the CT Department of Labor is available for eligible CT manufacturers with under 2000 employees, sending full-time employees from CT facilities. Space is limited.
Registration fee includes parking, all course materials, refreshments at each classroom session. Also includes a two-hour mentoring session at the participant’s facility after course completion to reinforce training.
Bookings are closed for this event.