The CONNSTEP advantage, Vol. 1, Issue 1
February 01, 2011
The new look and the new name for the CONNSTEP magazine reflect a change in CONNSTEP’s mission to now also provide Connecticut businesses, outside of manufacturing, with continuous improvement and growth strategies, enabling them to become more competitive.
Also in this issue:
- Opportunity Revolution: With the evolution of internet marketing and social media, our industry faces the opportunity for revolution. The ways in which to reach further and grow bigger are plentiful.
- What I’ve Learned with Ken MacCormac of Capewell Components.
- New Dimensions, profile of Hologic of Danbury, Connecticut: With long lead times and a revolutionary new product waiting for FDA approval, Hologic knew they needed to fully integrate Lean methodologies into the facility’s processes to create positive, lasting change.
- No Looking Back, profile of Dymotek of Ellington, Connecticut: Dymotek likes to refer to the economic downturn as ancient history. And the implementation of Lean methodologies, new technology and a diversified customer base, they’re investing in the future and not looking back.
- Reviving Whitney: The efforts of inventors including Eli Whitney gave birth to manufacturing in Connecticut. New products and production technology developed in Connecticut spread quickly, and the state emerged as a powerhouse in innovation and manufacturing.
“CONNSTEP solved a huge problem for us and helped us bring our delivery rate to 100%. As a direct result of that, we have been awarded with an increase in business which, ultimately, will also benefit (our supplier) Har-Conn.”
“I see great value in the new experiences and perspectives CONNSTEP brings to our business, at reasonable prices. They’re not like consultants, they’re like partners in the business – willing to roll up their sleeves and help.”
“CONNSTEP has proved to be a tremendous resource for ESI. CONNSTEP has helped us to adapt to today’s marketplace and remain a quality minded, competitive global player. Our ISO/TS16949 implementation process was efficient and rewarding. I look forward to our future projects with CONNSTEP.”
“CONNSTEP worked with FuelCell Energy to educate and facilitate Lean initiatives and to help meet our needs to establish an overall production improvement plan. This plan has been utilized over a period of time as a ‘guiding light’ to spur numerous improvements that dramatically reduced our product cost.”
“CONNSTEP is a valuable partner to Hologic, providing the expertise and ‘outside eyes’ everyone needs to keep their continuous improvement on track. We are now well-positioned on a dynamic growth path and look forward to a long-term relationship with CONNSTEP.”
“Our experience working with CONNSTEP has brought us benefits we never expected. It’s a great team to work with!”
“The goals of the team were to reduce manufacturing lead-time, reduce floor space utilized, and increase worker productivity. All the goals were met. CONNSTEP helped us to better compete.”
“The Business Growth Program is working well for us. We enhanced our website following the meetings to improve our SEO and become more visible to search engines. The segment on negotiating … promoted changes in our thinking and improved how we interact with customers. The mentoring between sessions was helpful in boosting our progress.”